Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why I'm quitting smoking.

It's really bad for you. Obviously. I already get sick all of the time and smoking is making me more prone to sinus infections and, you know, cancer.

I'm a runner. I want to run a marathon someday and smoking will only make my lungs weaker. I want to go far.

My roommate just quit so I won't be alone. I'm have support. All my friends will support me as well because they don't like the habit.

My family is disappointed and mad at me for it. I don't blame them. I remember being disappointed in my dad for smoking when I was little.

No one wants to kiss a smoker or hug someone who smells like cigarettes.

Often times, I'll smoke so I don't have to eat. I need to eat and not mask the hunger with nicotine.

I am trying to recover from an eating disorder so I don't die. Smoking is only going to kill me so why would I choose another way to go?

I'm really poor and I need that money. I must be spending at least $50 a week on my good camels.

I don't want burn marks on my clothes anymore.

I don't want a heart attack.

I'm sick of the coughing waking me up in the middle of the night.

If I want to smoke, I have people I can call, books I can read, tea I can drink. Other things to protect me from being bored.

It messes with my sleep.

I want healthy blood pressure and a healthy pulse.

I don't want to be smoking when I have a family. It's not fair to anyone.

It's just plain disgusting and not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment