A lot can be said about a person when you see them walk. Some people shuffle around quickly. Other people move slowly with their eyes on their phone or on something really far away that's not really there. Some people hold themselves high. Some people stare at the ground and clutch their books to their chest. It says a lot.
I used to be a sloucher. Major sloucher. (*salute* Major Sloucher.) In fact, I used to slouch so much, that I have back problems now and a difficult time standing or sitting up completely straight. I'm extremely tall. Okay, not extremely, but I'm taller than the majority of my friends. My closest friends when I was little were probably all around a foot shorter than I am. So I have this trick of leaning to one side and folding my arms and bending one knee. And I somehow magically shrink about five inches. When I walked, I would move quickly and keep my head down and clutch my books to me. I still kind of do that, but usually if I'm cold or in a hurry or something.
The point is, I was hiding. I would walk and hope no one would see me. I tried to hide inside myself and hide my body and just disappear.
Today I noticed that I don't do. I keep my eyes forward and my head held high. I am there. I am looking for people I know so I can say hi. I am hoping people recognize me and say hi.
I dunno, it's a silly observation, but it meant a lot to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment