Friday, November 25, 2011

Home.

Sometimes, I really do feel like a rotten person for saying some things but the things I say are how I feel nonetheless. I love my family, more than life, more than anything. I had such a good childhood and was given almost everything I could ever want. They raised me to be a good person with good values and beliefs and without them, I know I would never be this kind. They have supported me through everything and I love them, but sometimes I really cannot stand them.

I feel like I'm a constant target in my family, and maybe that's just the fact that I'm oversensitive. No, I refuse to downplay my feelings here. They criticize me frequently. It's perfectly acceptable for them to complain or yell or whatever, but I am never allowed to be upset without being made to feel like I'm a failure or I'm overreacting. My sister takes every opportunity to bully or treat me like a little kid when I am in my twenties. I know that I am a sensitive person and I am bipolar and I am tired and I am having my lady time, but I'm still a person and I still don't think that I should be made to feel this way.

I feel like my family should be the people that I don't have to try around, but I feel like I'm trying to be more contained and less like myself than with my friends. Shouldn't it just be easy? Do they wonder why my self esteem is nonexistent? They can't even validate the way I feel without telling me I'm too sensitive or to grown up. Do they really not get why this is such a struggle?

I just want to go home and be around people who won't do this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment