So many people take Marilyn Monroe for granted. They see her as this ditzy bombshell, positively stunning who was an idiot and went and killed herself. They never really delve into her as a person, and this is what I feel like writing about today, because Marilyn Monroe is one of my greatest role models and one of the people I feel for the most.
Little Norma Jean. Did you know she was married and divorced three times, and had three failed pregnancies? Marilyn's heart was harmed from the start. Can you imagine not being able to be with someone, pushing them away when they try to help you, failed relationships? Oh, wait, I can. I can empathize. A boyfriend tries to help me through issues, and I don't let them, yet I resent them for not getting me the help I need. As for the miscarriages... that's just tragic and absolutely heartbreaking. How would you recover from that? She became dependent on drugs and alcohol, and her weight fluxtuated drastically throughout the years. Her life was absolutely horrible and dreadfully sad.
Yet she carried on for as long as she did. She never looked anything less than stunning. She hid her pain through her smile and her ravishing outfits. She gave the best quotes and tried her best to be perfect. It's tragic, but she wanted to be strong. She didn't even make it to forty-years-old, and no one appreciates what she went through.
Marilyn Monroe is both an idol and someone I strive to live my best for. She didn't make it, she never recovered from her problems. I want to make it, I want to recover. I want to go out and be glamorous and be the best I can be, both on the outside and within my mind. I think it's time we start appreciating these countless people who haven't been able to survive through their pain and honor them by surviving ourselves.
What better way is there?
No comments:
Post a Comment