Monday, November 21, 2011

One of those days.

I woke up this morning positively bloated and already feeling ridiculously full. I crammed down some breakfast and then dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, so that no one would be able to see my bulging stomach. It's one of those days where you know it's going to be a struggle, but you have no motivation at all to combat it.

I'm not going to lie to everyone and say that I wish I had the motivation today. I think that's part of the problem. After all of the work I've gone through and everything I've learned, I only know of one way to combat the bulge. I know that's wrong and I'm aware it will not work. Yet, that's all I can think of doing. It will be too cold and too dark to run when I get out of work, even though I have my gym bag in my car. I just don't know what to do today.

I've been feeling a day like today approaching since my half marathon. I haven't had the time to keep in shape. I've definitely had the motivation but I'm in my senior year and I'm writing a thesis and I have timber team obligations. I'm just busy.

I should stay away from these deadly shortcuts. It just makes me feel worse about myself once I try to use them. I'm going to try to behave today. I do have delicious Indian leftovers for lunch which I intend on nomming. I just wish the prospect didn't terrify me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment